The Physical Plant Unit
The Physical Plant Unit is responsible for:
- Renovation of equipment, building partitions, furniture and structures to extend usage or meet specific needs.
- Performing maintenance in one or more trade fields including plumbing, carpentry, painting and assisting in complex projects.
- Inspecting facilities, making basic repairs to systems, structures and equipment and is engaged in preventative maintenance program.
- Supervising Inspections of HVAC, fire suppression and elevators.
- Performing maintenance and preventive maintenance of doors, floors and lights.
- Maintaining records of materials, jobs, and other pertinent information.
- Supervising an inmate work crew in the performance of assigned duties such as painting details and commissary disbursement,
- Maintaining security of tools, supplies, and equipment
- Maintaining a material inventory.