Staff Development Unit
The Staff Development Unit is responsible for coordinating the orientation and continuing education of both the civilian and sworn staff of Ocean County Department of Corrections.
The SDU is supervised by DSgt. Robert Burns and is staffed by MCpl. John DeMarco.
The SDU coordinates the following initiatives:
- Officer Orientation Program
- Civilian Orientation Program
- Contract Staff Orientation Program
- Volunteer Orientation Program
- Firearms Qualification and Training Program
- Inservice Staff Development Program
- Instructor Development Program
- Field Training Officer Program
- Training Referral Program