Field Services Division
239 Washington Street
Toms River, N.J. 08753
Phone – 732-929-2050
Fax – 732-349-1888
Ocean County Sheriff’s Office Most Wanted
The Field Services Division is comprised of the Warrant and Identification Units. These two units complement each other in an effort to combine critical services essential to the safety and well being of the citizens of Ocean County.
Division Commander, Captain Matt Armstrong
The Warrant Unit is responsible for executing all arrest warrants emanating from Ocean County Superior Court and other County Superior Courts throughout the state.
- Failure to Appear
- Fresh Complaint
- Fugitive From Justice
- Warrant upon Indictment
- Municipal Complaints (Indictable)
- Military Deserter
- Violations of Probation
- Failure to comply with Drug Court
- Probation Enforcement
- Violations of Intensive Supervision
- Parental Non- Support
- Failure to Appear for Domestic Violence Hearing
- Violation of Restraining Order
- Failure to Comply with Domestic Violence Order
- Return to Court
- Return to Detention
- Return to Shelter
- Juvenile Intensive Supervision Program
- Failure to Appear for Jury Duty
- Failure to Appear for Grand Jury
- Division of Youth and Family Services issued Warrants
- Family Court/Matrimonial
- All types of Out of County Warrants
- Criminal Out of State Warrants
- Summons accompanied by Municipal Complaint
The Warrant Unit receives over 6,000 warrants per year and maintains over a 90% discharge rate. The Detectives and Police Clerks utilize state of the art investigative techniques along with field work to ensure compliance with all court orders and directives. This unit is an active partner with the United States Marshal's Office providing two Detectives to the NY/NJ Regional Fugitive Task Force. Learn more about the U.S. Marshals.
This Task Force is responsible for apprehending the most violent offenders and fugitives in and out of state and is the subject of the A&E program titled “Manhunters, Fugitive Task Force”. Fugitives who flee New Jersey are tracked down and extradited back to Ocean County to face their charges. The Warrant Unit investigates and extradites over 100 fugitives yearly.
Ocean County Sheriff’s Office 10 Most Wanted Click here
The Identification Unit (ID Unit) is comprised of three detectives and one sergeant. The unit is responsible for the maintenance of a criminal file database of adults and juveniles who have been arrested by the Ocean County Sheriff's Office, have been remanded to the Ocean County Jail by any other law enforcement agency, or have come in contact with the Justice System of the Superior Court of Ocean County.
Overall, the ID Unit classifies and processes close to 18,000+ individuals each year. The unit sergeant also is the custodian for OPRA (Open Public Records Act) and subpoena requests of Ocean County Sheriffs Office records. The same also maintains records on all summons/ticket complaints issued by Ocean County Sheriff’s Office personnel.
The ID Unit also utilizes the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS). AFIS provides the ability to electronically transmit fingerprints to the State of New Jersey to speed up the identification process of various subjects. The ID Unit also utilizes several other state network applications to process other assignments as well.
- Fugitive complaints
- Criminal History background checks
- Domestic Violence/Final Restraining Order processing
- DNA/CODIS compliance
- Photo lineups
- Military background checks
- Local agency firearms background checks
- Major Case Fingerprints
- PTI/PSI complaint compliance
- State Indictments processing
- First Appearances/Indictments processing
- Out of state firearms applicant processing
- Federal employment applicant processing
- Other agency request for Attempt to Identify queries
- State fingerprint disposed case compliance processing
- Law Enforcement agency background checks
Total Arrests - 1,258
Total Warrants Received and Closed - 5,215
Total Warrants Remaining Active - 3,832
Open Public and Records Access OPRA Request form
For inquiries regarding the following division feel free to contact 732-929-2050.