March 28, 2012
DOCUMENT SHREDDING PROGRAM TO BEGIN IN LATE APRIL
OCEAN COUNTY'S popular document shredding program will be tearing into 20 towns beginning in late April.
"This is a great opportunity for residents to shred their sensitive documents safely and free of charge," said Freeholder James F. Lacey.
An 8,000-pound capacity truck will begin accepting documents in Lacey Township on April 27 and travel through 19 other municipalities in the following three months.
"We make every effort to make this program convenient for all of our residents," said Freeholder James F. Lacey, who serves as liaison to the county's recycling programs. "This is one way the county can help in the fight against identity theft by giving our residents the opportunity to securely destroy their old documents."
Shredding will be available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on each scheduled day or until the truck is full, Lacey said.
Plumsted Township only will be from 11 am to 3 pm.
Residents are limited to six boxes or bags each day.
Commercial documents will not be accepted. Paper clips and staples do not have to be removed from the documents
Lacey said residents are free to take their documents to whichever date and location is most convenient. Registration is not required.
Shredding locations include:
· April 27, Lacey Township Recycling Center, 820 Municipal Lane.
· May 2, Little Egg Harbor Community Center, 64 West Calabreeze Way.
· May 11, Lakewood Public Works Yard, 1 America Ave.
· May 12, Plumsted Recycling Center, 2 Cedar Street (11 am to 3 pm only)
· May 18, Lavallette Fire House, 124 Washington Ave.
· May 25, Jackson Public Works Garage, 10 Don Connor Blvd.
· May 26, Point Pleasant Recycling Center (behind Stop&Shop), Arthur Ave.
· June 8, Island Heights Public Works Garage, Lake and Laurel avenues.
· June 9, Barnegat Borough Hall, 900 West Bay Ave.
· June 15,Toms River Recycling Center, Church Rd.
· June 16, Brick Recycling Center, 836 Ridge Rd.
· June 22, Berkeley Public Works Garage, 630 Pinewald Keswick Road.
· June 29, Beach Haven Municipal Parking, Lot Taylor Ave.
· June 30,Tuckerton Public Works Garage, 445 South Green St.
· July 13, Beachwood Municipal Building, 1600 Pinewald Rd.
· July 14, Stafford Twp., Southern Ocean County Recycling Center, 379 Haywood Rd.
· July 20, Ship Bottom Borough Hall, 1621 Long Beach Blvd.
· July 21, Seaside Heights Recycling Center, Bay Boulevard and Sheridan Avenue.
· July 27, Point Pleasant Beach Recycling Center, 301 Cooks Lane.
· July 28, Manchester Public Works Garage, 1360 Rt. 70.
Freeholder Director Gerry P. Little said the system is secure because the shredding unit features an automatic feeding and dumping system, which eliminates any human contact with the documents.
"This is an industrial shredder," Little said. "This is a very safe way of disposing confidential and sensitive documents."