Ocean County Press Release
FREEHOLDERS TO AWARD $40,000 IN TRANSPORTATION MINI GRANTS FROM CASINO REVENUE FUNDING
TWENTY NON-PROFIT local agencies will benefit from $40,000 in transportation mini-grants awarded by the Ocean County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
Each organization will receive $2,000 to help transport participants in its various programs.
"This is an opportunity to help our community-based non-profits reach out to the people they serve," said Freeholder Director Gerry P. Little. "This program goes hand-in-hand with our Ocean Ride public transportation system by helping to offset transportation costs for these organizations."
The grants are funded by a portion of the casino revenue grant the county receives from NJ TRANSIT.
"The mini-grant program began in 1985 and has provided more than $1.6 million to a variety of local non-profit organizations," Little said. "Ocean County continues to be the only county in the state to provide a portion of its grant funds to help local non-profit agencies."
Grants are issued based on the recommendations of The Ocean County Transportation Advisory Committee for Senior Citizens and Persons With Disabilities.
Little said individual grants were limited to $2,000 each because of the continued decline in state casino revenues.
Organizations receiving funding in 2012 include:
· The Arc, Ocean County Chapter, Inc
· Caregiver Volunteers of Central Jersey
· Community Medical Center Foundation
· Community Services, Inc. of Ocean County
· Counseling & Referral Services of O.C.dba Seashore Family Services, Inc.
· Eye Openers of Point Pleasant/Brick
· Interfaith Health & Support Services of Southern Ocean County
· Jewish Family & Children's Services/Jewish Federation of O.C
· LADACIN Network (Cerebral Palsy of Monmouth/Ocean Counties)
· Long Beach Island Community Center, Inc.
· Manchester Township Senior Outreach Program
· NJ Coalition on Women & Disabilities Ocean County Chapter
· Ocean County Board of Social Services
· Ocean Housing Alliance, Inc
· Our Special Kids of Toms River, Inc.
· The Special Children Center, Inc.
· Team Randy, Inc.
· Toms River Township Senior Center
· Twenty-One-Plus, Inc.
· Vetwork, A Program Of Vetgroup, Inc.