• Place a fraud alert on your credit reports by calling the three credit reporting companies listed below:
Equifax - www.equifax.com
P.O. Box 740241 Atlanta, GA 30374
Experian - www.experian.com
P.O. Box 9532 Allen, TX 75013
Trans Union - www.transunion.com
1-800-680-7289, Fraud Victim Assistance
P.O. Box 6790 Fullerton, CA 92834
• Close accounts that you know, or believe, have been tampered with or opened fraudently.
• File a report with your local police or the police in the community where the identity theft took place.
• Go to www.NJConsumerAffairs.gov to contact the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs online.
• Go to www.consumer.gov/idtheft to file an online complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
You can call the FTC toll-free at:
1-877-438-4338 TDD 202-326-2502
or you can write to:
Identity Theft Clearinghouse Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW,
Washington, DC 20580
The Clearinghouse's toll-free telephone number is: 1-800-242-5846
How & Where To Register
Experian Credit Reporting
Trans Union Credit Reporting
Federal Trade Commission Online Complaint
New Jersey Office of Consumer Affairs