The Business Office is responsible for the day to day
administrative functions of the Ocean County Department of Corrections, and is
Mr. Erick Kiefer, Supervising Accountant,
The duties of the Business Office include:
- Prepares the departments current,
capital and 6 year capital improvement plan budgets for the Warden's review
- Maintains and supervises the
maintenance of all accounting records and files.
- Prepares financial and statistical
reports for the department's salary & wage and operating accounts.
- Responsible for the administration of
all Federal and State Grants for the Department of Corrections.
- Manages the Financial operation of the
Inmate Trust Account and Inmate Commissary account.
- Reviews and responds to auditors
comments, concerns and recommendations.
- Prepares resolutions and contract
agreements for Professional, Inter-Government and Grant agreements.
- Responsible for the reconciliations of
all bank accounts.
- Manages the Inmate Commissary Account
to ensure accounts are properly credited and debited.
- Collects and submits all payments
payable to the Victims of Crime Compensation Board ( VCCB).
- Approves departmentís purchase and
supply requisitions and payroll records for processing.
- Prepares qualifications and bid
specifications for jail purchases exceeding the county bid threshold.
- Prepares monthly reports to the food
director for all amounts expended monthly and year to date.
- Checks disbursements and controls
adherence to contractual obligations.
Also managed under the Business Office are the
Health Services Contract,
Food Services Contract, and
Commissary Services Contract.