The official County Seat is Toms River which is located in the municipality of Toms River Township. Most, but not all, of the County offices are near the intersection of Washington Street and Hooper Avenue, one block north of the Toms River. To confirm a specific location, call the agency first.
From Garden State Parkway exits to the County Complex, it is less than two miles and usually a five to ten minute drive time, depending on traffic conditions.
FROM THE NORTH USING THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY
1. Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 82 (Route 37 East).
2. Go through the first traffic light (intersection with Route 166).
3. Turn right on Route 549 (Hooper Avenue South).
4. Turn left at the second traffic light (Madison Avenue).
5. The County garage is the five-level building on the right.
FROM THE SOUTH USING THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY
1. Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 81 (Lakehurst Road/Toms River - Lakehurst).
2. Proceed straight (Water Street).
3. Turn left at the third traffic light (Route 549 - Hooper Avenue North).
4. Proceed through the next traffic light (intersection with Washington Street).
5. Turn right into the first one-way entrance driveway (just past the County Administration Building at 101 Hooper Avenue).
6. After "STOP" sign, turn left to enter County parking garage.
Parking in the County garage is free. The Pedestrian Skywalk across Hooper Avenue connects the third level of the garage with the second floor of the Justice Complex. It is barrier free.