The Barnegat Historical Society was founded in 1967 when the town
of Barnegat celebrated its 300th anniversary. The aim of the Society
is to preserve old buildings and shops that house a collection of
artifacts and records that tell the story of the village of Barnegat.
The Society's Heritage Village is situated on Easy Bay Avenue and
consists of four major buildings and three smaller structures.
The Lippincott-Faulkinburg House was the first building moved to
the site. This house is dated by deeds to 1866, but is thought to
be of 1700s origin due to its construction.
The Barber Shop, circa 1880, houses many local artifacts from the
The Edwards house was relocated to the Society's propery in 1976.
This structure was traced by deed to 1813, but it is believed to
have been built earlier by James Edwards, a friend and contemporary
of George Washington. Colonial artifacts and furnishings are housed
The Heritage Village is open Saturdays from 1-4 P.M. Memorial Day
through Labor Day. Private tours for groups of 10 or more can be
arranged throughout the year by contacting the Society.