West 5th Street & Central Avenue, PO Box 386
Barnegat Light, NJ 08006
609-494-8578
website: www.lbi.net/nonprof/blhist.htm

Open June through September
June & September:
Sat & Sun: 2:00pm to 5:00pm
July & August:
Daily: 2:00pm to 5:00pm
The Edith Duff Gwinn Garden is open during daylight hours

About the Museum

Collections / Gallery

Location

 
 
 
   

The Barnegat Light Historical Society Museum proudly displays the original Fresnal lens that once graced the top of the Barnegat Lighthouse. It also has many photographs of Barnegat City (Barnegat Light) during the first half of the twentieth century.

The Museum building was originally the schoolhouse in which early town children received their elementary education from its construction in 1903 through the last class on June 15, 1951.

   

The building was opened as a museum for the town of Barnegat Light in 1954.

Members of the Barnegat Light Historical Society maintain the exhibits and staff the museum, while the Garden Club of Long Beach Island lovingly cares for the Edith Duff Gwinn Garden.

   
     
 
     
Ocean County Cultural and Heritage Commission  

HOME / ABOUT US /MUSEUMS / HISTORY / PHOTO GALLERY / HISTORIC LINKS / KIDS

 
Ocean County Cultural and Heritage Commission