Protecting the Elderly from Fraud and Abuse
It is important for our elder community to be aware of the dangers of becoming a victim of fraud and abuse. This publication is informative and provides awareness to the issue.
Remember to defend yourself against scams:
1. Don't stay on the phone with a stranger asking for money
2. Never judge a person's integrity by how they sound
3. Monitor your investments; ask tough questions
4. Be suspicious if you have trouble retrieving your principal or profits.
5. Watch out for salesmen who prey on your fears.
Senior Fraud and Education Protection Program
The New Fed Up Handbook
Protecting the Elderly from Fraud and Abuse Pamphlet
For more information on Senior Fraud and Education visit the N.J. Consumer Affairs website.